Ergonomically designed, the CareLance lancing device offers 7 depth settings to give you greater choice for your skin type.
Pharmco instructions on how to use your lancets and CareLance
Helpful advice for using lancets:
- Do not share lancets with other people. Lancets are only sterile at the time of first use. Sharing lancets can result in transfer of bacteria and viruses between you and others.
- Store safely out of the reach of children.
- Dispose of your lancets in a sharps container. If you are being treated with insulin, you can dispose of your lancets in the same sharps container you use for your insulin needles and syringes.
- It’s best to use a new, sterile lancet each time you test. Purchasing more lancets is a small price to pay for safety and prevention of infection (additional lancets are available in packs of 100 from pharmacies).
Using your CareLance lancing device:
- Wash hands and fingertip sample site with soap and warm water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Unscrew and remove the lancing device tip.
- Firmly insert a new lancet into the lancet holder. Hold the lancet firmly. Gently twist to pull off the protective disk. Save disk to recap lancet after use. Replace lancet device tip.
- Turn the adjustable tip until it is aligned with the load confirmation window and release button.
- Select a desired depth of one – to – seven (1-7) on the lancing device’s adjustable tip. Choose a depth by rotating the top portion of the adjustable tip until the setting number matches the arrow.
- To cock the lancing device, hold the body of the lancing device in one hand. Pull the sliding barrel with the other hand. The device is loaded when you feel a click and the load confirmation window turns red.
- Place the device against the pad of the finger. Press the release button. Wait a few seconds for a blood drop to form. Apply the blood sample to the narrow end of the test strip till the meter beeps. See instructions for CareSens N, CareSens N POP, or CareSens N Voice meters and CareSens N Test Strips.