This booklet is aimed to help Dietitians teach carbohydrate counting to people with type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes who count their carbohydrate foods in exchanges (15 grams of carbohydrate).
It is a visual guide based mainly on pictures with a small amount of words.
It is intended to be used for education in an individual appointment or group session.
This is the only fully pictorial guide for carbohydrate counting in exchanges on the market that also includes how to use exchanges to construct a meal and meal plan for the day.
- Pictures of 1 carbohydrate exchange (15 grams) of a selection of:
- Breads and breakfast cereals
- Pasta, noodles, rice and grains
- Biscuits and crackers
- Eating out and special occasion foods
- How to add fractions
- Counting exchanges in meals